Independent Body to Regulate Broadcasting During Elections
- The appointment and functioning of regulatory authorities of the media were transparent, and they were independent and protected from political interference. The media regulatory body acted in a transparent and impartial manner
- The state took the steps necessary to guarantee rights with regard to the media; for example, through the establishment of an independent body to regulate election broadcasts
- States must take the steps necessary to give effect to human rights.
- The state should ensure that all public regulatory agencies are independent and protected from interference.
- The media regulatory body should act in an impartial and transparent manner.
- An independent body to regulate election broadcasts may be established.
- The appointment and functioning of regulatory authorities should be transparent.