"[States should foster citizen participation in the electoral process by] guaranteeing that all possible means are used to make all polling stations accessible. "
DocumentCoE (Parliamentary Assembly): Resolution 1897 (2012): Ensuring Greater Democracy in Elections, para. 8.1.11
- Voting procedures, facilities, and materials should be appropriate, accessible, and easy to use for persons with disabilities.
- Polling sites must be accessible.
- Accommodation to vote should be made for voters with special needs, including persons with disabilities.
- Political party and candidate representatives should be allowed in the polling station to observe polling.
- Candidates, party agents, and accredited observers should have access to polling stations.
- Voters should be able to access polling stations.