"In the light of these considerations, the Assembly calls on Council of Europe member and observer States, and States whose parliaments enjoy observer or partner for democracy status with the Parliamentary Assembly to: (...) 7.3 with regard to combating discrimination against and stigmatisation of persons with disabilities: (...) 7.3.3. provide civic education in accessible formats."
DocumentCoE (Parliamentary Assembly): Resolution 2155(2017) on Political Rights of Persons with Disabilities: A Democratic Issue, para. 7.3.3
- Everyone has the right to seek and receive information.
- States should take steps to ensure access to information for persons with disabilities without additional cost.
- The fulfillment of universal and equal suffrage is partially dependent on the success of an adequate voter education process.
- Voter education campaigns should be designed with the aim of reaching all eligible voters.
- Voter education should be accessible to all voters, including those with special needs.