"States parties should aim to: (…) (c) Provide reasonable accommodation to individual persons with disabilities and support measures based on the individual requirements of persons with disabilities to participate in political and public life."
DocumentUN (CRPD): General Comment No. 6 on Equality and Non-discrimination, para. 70.c
- Voting procedures, facilities, and materials should be appropriate, accessible, and easy to use for persons with disabilities.
- Specific measures aimed at ensuring de facto equality for persons with disabilities should not be considered discriminatory.
- Everyone has the right of equal access to any place or service intended for public use.
- Accommodation to vote should be made for voters with special needs, including persons with disabilities.
- Reasonable accommodations should be made to all existing infrastructure, materials, communication and services to enable the participation of persons with disabilities on an equal basis with others.