Political parties and candidates had access to the public media on a nondiscriminatory basis
- Political parties and candidates must have access to the public media on a non-discriminatory basis.
- If offered, free airtime should be distributed equally.
- If private media accepts paid advertising, the costs and conditions for advertising should be equally applied to all candidates.
- Access to the media should be guaranteed to all political parties and candidates and be fairly distributed.
- Equality refers not only to the amount of space provided but to the timing and location of such space.