There were clear legal provisions regarding the electoral system and boundary delimitation
- The fundamental aspects of the electoral law should be enshrined in the constitution or at another level higher than ordinary law.
- Electoral legislation should be made widely available to the public for review.
- The delimitation of boundaries should be enshrined in the constitution or at another level above ordinary law.
- The process of boundary delimitation should be clearly stated in law.
- Voting processes must be subject to the rule of law, not to decisions of the current government or a single party.