The legal framework for elections included the protection of fundamental rights and made international obligations domestically binding
- States must take the steps necessary to give effect to human rights.
- The requirement to take steps to give effect to human rights is unqualified and of immediate effect.
- Necessary steps to give effect to human rights include education of the population and state officials in human rights.
- Necessary steps to give effect to human rights include an obligation to regulate violations of human rights by non-state actors.
- All branches of the government and other public or governmental authorities are responsible for meeting the obligation to give effect to human rights.
- States are required to give effect to internationally recognized human rights in domestic law.
- Laws must be consistent with international human rights.
- Treaty obligations should be implemented in good faith.
- Internet intermediaries should recognize and protect human rights online, including through accessible and effective complaint and redress mechanisms.