Safeguards to Prevent Falsification of Ballots
- Equal suffrage was respected throughout the electoral process, including vote counting, consistent with the concept of one person, one vote
- Safeguards were put in place to ensure that there existed no opportunity to falsify or substitute ballots, including during the vote counting and tabulation process
- No opportunity should exist to falsify or to substitute ballot papers.
- Elections must be held by equal suffrage.
- The electoral system should endeavor to ensure equal suffrage by according each voter and vote equal weight.
- Safeguards should be in place to ensure the accuracy of the vote, no matter the form of balloting or counting used (manual, mechanical, or electronic).