Freedom of Movement for the Purposes of Voter Registration
- Movement may be restricted, but such restrictions must be proportionate and be appropriate to achieve their protective function.
- People displaced against their will should have the opportunity to be considered resident in their former place of residence.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of movement within the borders of each state.
- Freedom of movement may only be restricted when provided by law, necessary in a democratic society, and consistent with other rights.
- Everyone has the right to leave and return to his/her own country.