Right to an Effective Remedy for Electoral Management Body Actions
- Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by a competent national tribunal for acts that violate his or her rights or freedoms.
- Individuals must have the right to a remedy for violation of their participatory rights relating to the election process.
- Remedy should be available for complaints arising throughout the electoral process.
- States must enforce a remedy when granted.
- Effective redress requires disputes to be dealt with in a timely manner.