Safety, Security, and Vote Counting and Tabulation
- Everyone has the right to security of the person without arbitrary arrest or detention.
- Law enforcement should behave in a neutral manner.
- Counting should take place in an atmosphere free from intimidation.
- States should ensure that violence, including online, does not undermine women's rights, including political participation and representation.
- Any security-related restrictions of freedoms and the use of force by public security providers must be based in law, necessary, and proportionate to the objective of maintaining public order.