"We, Ministers and Heads of Delegation of the States and Governments of Countries using French as a common language, (…) 4 - Undertake the following commitments: (…) B. For the holding of free, fair and transparent elections (...) 11. To take the necessary steps to move towards national financing of elections with public funds."
- State support to candidates and political parties may be financial.
- The state may contribute, directly or indirectly, to the operational costs of party activities, election campaigns, and the functioning of parliamentary party groups.
- State support should be limited to reasonable contributions.
- The formula for the distribution of state support to to candidates and political parties should be objective, fair, and reasonable.
- If public funds are distributed to political parties and candidates, those funds should be available on an equitable basis.