"Personal data that are processed must be adequate, relevant, correct and, if necessary, up to date; all reasonable measures must be taken to complete, correct, block or erase data that are incomplete or incorrect."
DocumentOSCE (ODIHR): Guidelines for Reviewing a Legal Framework for Elections, Second Edition, p. 68
- Everyone who offers proof of identity has the right to know whether information concerning him/her is being processed, and to obtain it in an intelligible form.
- Everyone has the right to rectification of incorrect personal data.
- Everyone who offers proof of identity has the right to have rectifications made to information about them in the case of unlawful, unnecessary, or inaccurate entries.
- Personal data should only be collected for specified and legitimate purposes.
- Collection of personal data should be minimized, relevant, and limited to purposes pursued.
- Personal data controllers should ensure data accuracy and protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure, loss, modification, or other misuses.