Candidates and political parties were able to compete with each other on an equal basis
- The state should enable new parties to compete under fair conditions with more established parties.
- Procedures for ballot access must be non-discriminatory.
- All political contestants should have an equal period of time in which to campaign.
- Political parties should be assured that they will be able to compete with each other on an equal basis before the law.
- Electoral legislation and its regulations should offer clear guidance with respect to the process by which parties and candidates were placed on the ballot.