Civil society organizations were permitted to conduct voter registration free from unreasonable restrictions
- Everyone has the right to association.
- Freedom of association may be restricted under certain circumstances as are prescribed by law and necessary in a democratic society.
- Everyone has the right to associate with non-governmental organizations.
- States should recognize accredited NGOs and facilitate their ability to conduct their activities.
- National law should not unjustifiably restrict the ability of any person to join an NGO.