The law was clear regarding the extent to which public employees could be involved in a campaign. Public employees were not coerced into voting for a particular candidate or party
- Electoral legislation should include procedures and a range of penalties aimed at preventing corruption in various sectors.
- The law should be clear regarding the extent to which public employees may be involved in a campaign.
- Public employees should not be coerced to vote for a particular party or candidate.
- The legal framework should provide for a general prohibition of abuse of public resources and of official position, clearly stipulating permissible and prohibited practices.
- Regulations against misuse of public resources and of official position may include a prohibition for public officials to campaign while on duty.