Voter registration promoted universal suffrage
- Elections must be held by universal suffrage.
- The fulfillment of universal suffrage is partially dependent on the success of the voter registration process.
- The voter registration process should promote broad participation and not inhibit the participation of eligible voters.
- Universal suffrage requires that the broadest reasonable pool of voters is guaranteed participatory rights.
- States should pursue policies encouraging the participation of the youth in public affairs and decision-making processes affecting them.