The Legal Framework and Men and Women
- Women should enjoy equality with men before the law.
- Discrimination must not be practiced based on sex.
- Discrimination includes any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference on the basis of sex.
- The state must perform both its "negative duty" to refrain from discrimination against women and its "positive duty" to prevent discrimination against women.
- Collection and publication of gender-disaggregated information around electoral processes contributes to raising awareness and advancement of women's rights.