Pluralistic and Balanced Media
- Space in the media existed for political debate
- A pluralistic media promoted citizen access to information, and the media was free to play an impartial and objective role in covering electoral issues
- The structure of media ownership was transparent so that citizens could better understand potential biases in their information sources
- During the electoral process there should be sufficient media space to allow for open questioning and debate between political leaders and candidates.
- States should take steps to ensure a free and independent media.
- Public service media should ensure the public receive adequate and politically balanced information during election periods.
- The state should endeavor to ensure a pluralistic media that allows its citizens to access a variety of viewpoints and media outlets.
- The structure of media ownership should be transparent.