- Secrecy of the ballot should be maintained throughout the entire voting process.
- Accommodations for voters with special needs should protect the right to vote secretly.
- Except in cases where a voter is being lawfully assisted, voters cannot waive their right to secrecy of the ballot.
- Voting procedures, facilities, and materials should be appropriate, accessible, and easy to use for persons with disabilities.
- Assistance provided to those unable to vote independently must be impartial.
- Electors who are unable to vote independently should be made aware of the guarantee of impartial assistance.