Ballot Design and Voter Choice
- Ballots, including electronic ballots, should be understandable.
- Ballots should be available in the principal languages in multilingual societies.
- Ballots should be identical in all languages.
- Ballots should account for levels of literacy.
- Voting systems should offer an authentic ballot to voters and ensure that their votes are accurately represented.
- Voters should be able to alter their choice before casting their ballot.
- Voters should be able to cast a blank ballot, including when voting on electronic technologies.
- Electoral processes involving technologies should meet the same requirements of universality, equality, integrity, transparency, and accountability as traditional voting.