Electoral processes involving technologies should meet the same requirements of universality, equality, integrity, transparency, and accountability as traditional voting.
- Candidates and their representatives, as well as observers, were able to observe polling and counting
- The vote-counting process was transparent and observable
- Voting operations facilitated broad participation
- Voters were able to verify their choice on their ballot and could alter their choice before casting their ballot
- Electronic voting technologies operated correctly, and their functioning was ensured by the state through an independent body
- Voting technologies were usable by voters and secure from interference