Candidates and their representatives, as well as observers, were able to observe polling and counting
- The participation of observers, citizen and international, may enhance all aspects of the electoral process.
- States should recognize accredited NGOs and facilitate their ability to conduct their activities.
- Candidates or their agents and accredited observers should be allowed to observe the counting and tabulation of the votes.
- Observers should be given copies of all protocols and tabulation sheets.
- Observers should be permitted to follow all aspects and stages of an electoral process.
- States should involve civil society organizations and facilitate their effective participation in public decision-making processes.
- States should create, in law and practice, an enabling environment for civil society organizations to operate free from hindrance and insecurity.
- Electoral processes involving technologies should meet the same requirements of universality, equality, integrity, transparency, and accountability as traditional voting.