Secrecy of the Ballot
- The election should be held by secret ballot.
- Secrecy of the ballot should be maintained throughout the entire voting process.
- The system for balloting (paper, electronic, or otherwise) should ensure the secrecy of a voter's choice.
- Electoral legislation and its regulations should offer clear guidance with respect to the secrecy of the ballot.
- Accommodations for voters with special needs should protect the right to vote secretly.
- Family/group voting should be prohibited.
- Care should be taken to ensure the location of polling does not undermine the secrecy of the ballot.