Electoral Management Body Responsibility for Protection of Rights
- States must take the steps necessary to give effect to human rights.
- States should take steps to institutionalize good governance through accountable, efficient, and effective public administration.
- States have a duty to protect the fundamental human rights of all within their jurisdiction.
- All branches of the government and other public or governmental authorities are responsible for meeting the obligation to give effect to human rights.
- States should ensure transparency in the management of public affairs.
- Everyone has the right to submit to governmental bodies, agencies, and organizations criticisms and proposals for improving their function.