Voter Registration and the Fulfillment of Human Rights
- The state took the steps necessary to give effect to rights during the voter registration process, including the creation of an effective procedure for voter registration
- There was adequate time for the voter registration process, including exhibition of preliminary lists and opportunities for challenges and corrections
- States must take the steps necessary to give effect to human rights.
- The voter registration process should promote broad participation and not inhibit the participation of eligible voters.
- Potential voters should be offered continuous and accessible voter registration facilities.
- The voter register and its maintenance must be conducted within a realistic timeframe.
- Voter registration forms and guidelines should be available in minority languages of the country.
- States must take steps to establish an effective procedure for voter registration.
- States should ensure the voter registration process is conducted in a manner that respects a variety of rights.