Potential voters should be offered continuous and accessible voter registration facilities.
- There should be provisions and practical arrangements for continuous voter registration and an updated voters’ register must be made available to all stakeholders in the elections.
- The convenience of access to voter-registration centres can also be relevant during any public scrutiny period provided for voters to check the voter lists to ensure they are included.
- Registration procedures and facilities should be readily accessible to the electorate, and the registration procedures clearly stated.
- Registration facilities must be available in all parts of a country and allow all people who are entitled to register to do so.
- Registration of voters should therefore be a continuous exercise...
- The registration offices should be located and open for registration at places and times that do not make it difficult or costly for a person to register.
- Eligible voters should be provided with a continuous and accessible voter registration facility.