Registration procedures should be clearly stated and readily accessible for review by potential voters.
- The legal framework should clearly specify the method of establishing voter eligibility, including what documentation is required, so that the process is fully transparent, not subject to arbitrary decision, and can be publicly monitored in an objective manner.
- All citizens should be entitled to file complaints and appeals on the accuracy of the register of voters.
- There should be legal provisions governing the method of registration…
- The legislative scheme should provide a clear framework for the treatment of [voter registration] issues
- At a practical level, the process of voter registration requires clear eligibility criteria and their consistent application by trained officials.