The Legal Framework and Voter Registration
- All are equal before the law, and laws should be equally enforced.
- Laws must be consistent with international human rights.
- States should take measures to promote the principles of the rule of law.
- Laws and procedures must not be arbitrarily applied.
- Any restrictions on the right to register to vote are to be established in advance of the registration period.
- Registration procedures should be clearly stated and readily accessible for review by potential voters.
- Voter registration procedures should be clearly stipulated in law.