The funding received by a political party and/or candidate was disclosed in regular reports
- The system should be transparent in disclosing the funding received by any political party or candidate.
- States should require records of expenditure.
- States should require that parties present and make public their accounts.
- Election campaign reporting schedules should allow release of the report in advance of election day.
- Reports should be timely, public, detailed, and comprehensive and should be understandable to the public at large.
- States should require the accounts of a political party to specify all donations received by the party including the nature and value of the donation.
- States should require that parties and related entities keep proper books and accounts and that the accounts of parties be consolidated to include the accounts of said related entities.
- Special records for direct and indirect contributions to campaigns should be required.
- Parties should offer access to their foundational documents, procedures, and accounts.
- Separate reporting requirements should be adopted for operational and electoral activities.
- Parties should submit reports at regular intervals.