The state took the steps necessary to give effect to rights during voter education
- States must take the steps necessary to give effect to human rights.
- States have a duty to protect the fundamental human rights of all within their jurisdiction.
- States should take steps to provide civic (including voter) education.
- States should pursue policies encouraging the participation of the youth in public affairs and decision-making processes affecting them.
- Media and information literacy education should be promoted to enable individuals to access, understand, and critically analyze information, including online.
- To address disinformation online, self-regulation by internet intermediaries and positive measures, including independent fact-checking, public education, and media literacy campaigns, could be prioritized over criminalisation.