Provision of Voter Education by the Electoral Management Body
- States must take the steps necessary to give effect to human rights.
- States have a duty to protect the fundamental human rights of all within their jurisdiction.
- States should take steps to provide civic (including voter) education.
- Voter education campaigns should be responsive to the needs to the electorate.
- Election management bodies generally bear responsibility for voter education.
- Voter education campaigns of the state should be conducted in a manner that is impartial and consistent.
- Voter education materials should distributed in a timely manner.
- Media and information literacy education should be promoted to enable individuals to access, understand, and critically analyze information, including online.