Accuracy of the List
- Elections at periodic intervals require regular updating or reestablishment of the voter register.
- Provisions should be made for absentee registrants.
- Voter registration is vital to establishing a government based on the expression of the will of the people.
- To be complete a voter register must be accurate and current.
- The fulfillment of universal suffrage is partially dependent on the success of the voter registration process.
- The electoral system should endeavor to ensure equal suffrage by according each voter and vote equal weight.
- Safeguards should be in place to ensure the accuracy of the vote, no matter the form of balloting or counting used (manual, mechanical, or electronic).
- A voter list may be reliably established through a variety of acceptable methods, including periodic list, continuous list, or civil registry.
- An adequate voter education process is necessary to ensure the electorate is able to utilize their rights.
- Safeguards should be in place to ensure that voters are unable to register more than once.
- Elections must be held by equal suffrage.