Right to an Effective Remedy for Candidates and Parties
- Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by a competent national tribunal for acts that violate his or her rights or freedoms.
- Individuals must have the right to a remedy for violation of their participatory rights relating to the election process.
- Cessation of a violation is an essential element of an effective remedy.
- The legal framework for elections should provide effective redress for violations of electoral rights.
- Effective redress requires disputes to be dealt with in a timely manner.