The Legal Framework and Election Management
- The legal framework for elections was consistent with international human rights
- The authority of the electoral management body was recognized by key stakeholders
- The laws regulating elections were equally enforced and were not arbitrarily applied
- The electoral management body acted in conformity with the law
- Suspension or exclusion of participatory rights is prohibited except on grounds established by law and which are objective and reasonable.
- The election administration body should act in conformity with the law.
- All are equal before the law, and laws should be equally enforced.
- States should take measures to promote the principles of the rule of law.
- Laws and procedures must not be arbitrarily applied.
- Laws must be consistent with international human rights.
- Everyone participating in the election should recognize the authority of the election commission.