States must ensure transparency, efficiency, and equity in the recruitment of officials.
- In order to realise the objectives set out in Article 2 above, each State Party shall take measures to establish and consolidate: b) transparency and efficiency in the procurement and disposal of goods, works and services and in the recruitment of personnel into the public service.
- In order to combat corruption and related offences in the public service, State Parties commit themselves to: (4) Ensure transparency, equity and efficiency in the management tendering and hiring procedures in the public service.
- For the purposes set forth in Article 2 of this Protocol, each State Party undertakes to adopt measures, which will create, maintain and strengthen: (b) systems of Government hiring and procurement of goods and services that ensure the transparency, equity and efficiency of such systems.
- Each State Party shall, where appropriate and in accordance with the fundamental principles of its legal system, endeavour to adopt, maintain and strengthen systems for the recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion and retirement of civil servants and, where appropriate, other non-elected public officials: (a) That are based on principles of efficiency, transparency and objective criteria such as merit, equity and aptitude.
- For the purposes set forth in Article II of this Convention, the States Parties agree to consider the applicability of measures within their own institutional systems to create, maintain and strengthen: 5. Systems of government hiring and procurement of goods and services that assure the openness, equity and efficiency of such systems.
- Urges States parties to ensure that their public service is aligned with the principles outlined in the Convention, including, inter alia, efficiency, transparency and objective criteria in recruitment, the promotion of integrity, honesty and responsibility and adherence to codes of conduct for public officials.