Recruitment of Electoral Management Body Staff
- Everyone has the right of equal access to any place or service intended for public use.
- Everyone should have access, free from discrimination, to the public service of the country.
- States must take measures to prevent corruption.
- States must ensure transparency, efficiency, and equity in the recruitment of officials.
- Recruitment of election authority staff that is transparent, efficient, and equitable should instill public confidence in the body.
- The bodies appointing members of electoral commissions must not be free to dismiss them at will.
- Election management body personnel should receive adequate training to fulfill their function impartially.
- Sufficient funding and resources should be provided for the conduct of the electoral process, free from interference from any other electoral stakeholders.
- States should take steps to institutionalize good governance through accountable, efficient, and effective public administration.
- Laws regulating the membership of electoral commissions should be enshrined in the constitution or at another level above ordinary law.