Everyone should have access, free from discrimination, to the public service of the country.
- Every woman has the right to the recognition, enjoyment, exercise and protection of all human rights and freedoms embodied in regional and international human rights instruments. These rights include, among others: ...j. The right to have equal access to the public service of her country and to take part in the conduct of public affairs, including decision-making.
- To have access, on general terms of equality, to public service in his country.
- Every citizen shall enjoy the following rights and opportunities: c. to have access, under general conditions of equality, to the public service of his country.
- Everyone shall have the right and opportunity and in the State of which he is a citizen: (c) to have access, on general conditions of equality, to the public service of his country.
- Every citizen shall have the right of equal access to the public service of his country.
- Everyone has the right to equal access to public service in his country.
- States shall: A. review, amend and enact legislation to ensure the full enjoyment of the right to participate in public and political life and affairs, embracing all levels of government service and employment in public functions, including serving in the police and military, without discrimination on the basis of, and with full respect for, each person’s sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Article 25 of the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, for example, provides that every citizen has the right, without discrimination, to take part in the conduct of public affairs, to be elected, and to have equal access to public service in his or her country.