Reasonable limitations were imposed on private contributions
- Political parties and candidates should be partly financed through private means.
- Reasonable limitations may be placed on private funding contributions to level the playing field during campaign activities.
- Limits on private contributions may consist of a maximum threshold on the amount of money that may be accepted from a single source.
- Limits on private contributions may consist of a limit on the total sum of acceptable private donations.
- Cash donations should be prohibited.
- States should consider introducing rules which define acceptable sources of donations to political parties and/or candidates.
- States should consider limiting or prohibiting donations from anonymous sources.
- Low value donations may be excluded from the obligation to refuse anonymous donations.
- Campaigning and spending by third parties may be regulated, in particular to ensure transparency and accountability.