States should consider limiting or prohibiting donations from anonymous sources.
- Prohibit anonymous donations or bequests to political groupings at regional level, taking care to stipulate amounts in excess of which anonymity is incompatible with transparency.
- States should adopt provisions which regulate anonymous donations to parties. Anonymous donations should be limited or prohibited.
- In general, states should take measures aimed at limiting, prohibiting or otherwise strictly regulating donations from: anonymous sources.
- Therefore, a maximum ceiling should be set on both the amount of anonymous donations parties may receive from a single source and on the total amount of anonymous donations a party or candidate may receive in a given year or for a particular election campaign.
- Reasonable restrictions on campaign funding can include limits on funding from foreign or anonymous sources.