The electoral management body ensured transparency in its decision making; for example, through open meetings and the use of public and competitive tenders
- The election management process should be transparent.
- The meetings of election bodies should be open.
- States must take measures to prevent corruption.
- States should promote transparency in public decision making as a means of combating corruption.
- It is desirable that electoral commissions make decisions by a qualified majority or by consensus.