The electoral management body ensured transparency in its decision making; for example, through open meetings and the use of public and competitive tenders
- The election management process should be transparent.
- The meetings of election bodies should be open.
- States must take measures to prevent corruption.
- States should promote transparency in public decision making as a means of combating corruption.
- It is desirable that electoral commissions make decisions by a qualified majority or by consensus.
- The participation of observers, citizen and international, may enhance all aspects of the electoral process.
- Observers should be permitted to follow all aspects and stages of an electoral process.
- States should involve civil society organizations and facilitate their effective participation in public decision-making processes.