Prevention of Corruption and Voting Operations
- Corruption includes the solicitation or acceptance of something of value in exchange for an advantage.
- Corruption includes the offering or granting of something of value in exchange for an act or omission in the performance of a public function.
- Corruption includes fraudulent use or concealment of property derived from corrupt activities.
- Corruption includes participation or conspiracy to commit corrupt activities.
- Corruption includes any act or omission of official functions by a public official to gain illicit benefits.
- Corruption includes the use of state property for purposes other than those for which they were intended for the benefit of the public official or a third party.
- Corruption includes improper influence.
- States should promote transparency in public decision making as a means of combating corruption.
- States should implement or maintain effective policies that encourage public participation in order to discourage corruption.
- States should ensure transparency in procurement.