"Respect for fundamental rights a. Democratic elections are not possible without respect for human rights, in particular freedom of expression and of the press, freedom of circulation inside the country, freedom of assembly and freedom of association for political purposes, including the creation of political parties. "
DocumentCoE (Venice Commission): Code of Good Practice in Electoral Matters, II.1.a
- Everyone has the right to association.
- Everyone has the right to establish a political party.
- Everyone has the right to peaceful assembly.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of movement within the borders of each state.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, whether through public speeches or other means.
- All individuals and groups should have the right to establish their own political parties or political organizations on equal terms.