"[T]he right to vote and to be elected may be accorded to citizens residing abroad. "
DocumentCoE (Venice Commission): Code of Good Practice in Electoral Matters, I.1.1.c.v
- Limits on the right to vote may be based on residency.
- Residency requirements should not be excessive, or may be considered discriminatory.
- Limits on individuals wishing to run for office may only be based on objective and reasonable criteria, including residency.
- Provisions should be made for absentee registrants.
- Accommodation to vote should be made for voters with special needs, including workers (and migrant workers out of country).
- Accommodation to vote should be made for voters with special needs, including eligible voters currently out of the country.
- Methods to facilitate voting may include voting abroad.