Methods to facilitate voting may include voting abroad.
- In practice…there is a growing tendency to broaden the franchise, for example, by including overseas residents.
- Where applicable, special arrangements should be made to allow special categories of voters, such as voters living abroad and prisoners, to vote.
- A number of countries permit their citizens to cast ballots in embassies or specially designated voting centres outside of the country.
- [T]he right to vote and to be elected may be accorded to citizens residing abroad.
- Where suffrage is permitted to citizens who reside outside of the country, opportunities should be provided to them to enable them to vote, especially in the case of refugees from that country.