"[E]lectronic voting should be used only if it is safe and reliable; in particular, voters should be able to obtain a confirmation of their votes and to correct them, if necessary, respecting secret suffrage; the system must be transparent. "
DocumentCoE (Venice Commission): Code of Good Practice in Electoral Matters, I.3.2.iv
- Every citizen has the right to vote.
- The election management process should be transparent.
- Various methods may be employed to facilitate voting for those unable to reach a polling station.
- Methods to facilitate voting may include electronic voting.
- E-voting systems should facilitate voting by persons with disabilities.
- The voting system, including electronic systems, should be sufficiently secure against fraud.
- Voters should be able to alter their choice before casting their ballot.