The Election Calendar and Enjoyment of Rights
- The legislative calendar related to the development of electoral laws was published well in advance of deadlines
- The legal framework included a realistic electoral calendar that allowed adequate time to successfully implement all aspects of the election
- An electoral management body implemented elections with adequate time to implement all parts of the electoral process
- The electoral calendar allowed sufficient time for all aspects of the electoral process to take place, including vote counting
- The election schedule provided adequate time for the registration of candidates and campaigning, as well as the resolution of any complaints prior to election day
- The legal framework provided for regular elections and should require that they are held within a reasonable time period after they are called.
- The electoral calendar included adequate time to implement all parts of the electoral process, including the electoral dispute resolution processes
- The election calendar provided sufficient time for a review of the boundaries to take place as necessary
- The electoral calendar provided adequate time to prepare for and implement all aspects of the election process, including voting operations and election-day procedures
- The scheduling of elections granted sufficient time for a complete and comprehensive voter education program
- Review of boundaries should be conducted sufficiently in advance of the elections as to avoid instability.
- The delimitation of boundaries should be reviewed frequently enough to ensure equal voting rights and account for population movements.
- States have a duty to protect the fundamental human rights of all within their jurisdiction.
- States must take the steps necessary to give effect to human rights.
- States are required to give effect to internationally recognized human rights in domestic law.
- The legislative calendar related to the development of electoral laws should be published well in advance of deadlines.
- States should take steps to provide civic (including voter) education.
- Elections are to be held at periodic intervals.
- The legal framework should provide that elections are held within a reasonable period after they are called.
- The scheduling of voting processes must allow adequate time to successfully implement other necessary components of the electoral process.
- The electoral calendar should provide adequate time for campaigning and public information efforts.
- Voter education materials should distributed in a timely manner.
- The legal framework should provide for regular elections.